Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Married To The Sea

Last night we started jamming some new songs for the first time. I am pleased to say, I'm very happy in the direction it is taking us. We were able to discuss the new record and really nail down a track list that would be most suiting. BB is starting to feel like a band again. For a moment there we had seemed to get a little off track. Can you imagine spending over $6000 on a record that no one is 100% on? That would send any kind of momentum out the window.
"A Great Divorce" was made strictly to suit Yep Roc, who decided it wasn't right for them. Truth is, if Yep Roc hadn't wanted to hear our next record so bad we wouldn't have made a record that soon. We figured they would want to hear a more polished version of ourselves. But we would have never heard from them if it wasn't for S/T which is completely lo-fi, so why would I think that? I don't want to sound bitter though, I'm not, we have made some really good friends in them. I can understand their disposition. There wasn't a record "there" so much as it was a collection of songs. Fuck it, I'm truly excited about the new-improved record and we will get to work with another amazing label.
TW (Walsh) is gonna start mixing the record in the next few weeks. He is hands down one of the raddest people this world has to offer. Love him.
-christapher

2 comments:

Amber * said...

Hot Damn! This is my frikin' day. I was playing your "Beesting" track and twittering & decided to check out your lastfm profile because I am just loving this song - low and low and be hold there is a message about your free album and a link to your blog.

So excited. Best music I've found in a while.

I put a linky on my twitter account to your website so hopefully you'll get some traffic!

Keep creating - you guys are wonderful! I intend to follow up on more of your albums.

Chris Larsen said...

Amber, I'm glad you like it! please help spread the word.
-chris